The place I want to analysis is my old play set. Now, this wasn't your typical place set you went and bought from Wal-Mart. My dad made this play set by hand. My father does not spend his money on something us kids would have been bored with at age 8. No no no. My dad had it in his head to build a play set that we would love all out lives...and he did.
It was two stories, huge to a kid. It wasn't just one story on top of the other. The second story shot off of the first story to the left. The first story had a blue tarp over the top of it to shelter us from the sun, but that blue tarp never felt like staying tied down. It blew around more like a flag instead of sheltering us from the sun. Underneath the first story was a sand pit...and in this sand pit the neighbors cat liked to poop...so as kids me and my sisters would find 'treasures' quite often when in the sand pit.
Now...the second story....the second story had a huge yellow slide coming off of it. As kids we would put the hose in the slide so it was a water slide and then go crying to mom when we flew out of the slide so fast and so hard the we also got cuts on our butts....but man, that was the best slide ever. It twisted, made for the perfect hiding place, perfect water slide, and...it was just perfect. No kid could have asked for a better slide. The summer I went to go down that slide and discovered I was becoming a little too big for it was the worst summer of my life. Never has a kid been as devastated as I was that summer.
My dad never imagined how much we would all love this play set all of our lives. Even up until the last summer we lived at that house when I was fourteen, I still went to that play set to just get away from everyone. I would sit up there and read or just sit up there and lay with my dog. It was just somewhere to go that people knew where to find me...but at the same time couldn't find me if that makes sense. It was my place. No matter how many times I tried to explain to my mother why I sat up there all the time she did not understand. She just gave up on understanding it. It was just my place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment