When I was younger I used to always love to play house and pretend that I was older and knew everything. I always had to be the mom and I always had to be the pne holding the baby and telling my "play husband" what to do. I loved being the oldest child in my family and I loved to lead my little siblings and cousins.
I think that my primary source has alot to do with my childhood because the older girl in my movie named Marnie was very out-spoken and she didn't understand that her mother really did know what was best for her. She thought that her mom was trying to push her to conform and think just like her and not give her room to be free and think as an individual. Now, I wasn't that bad as a child but I believe that every child goes through that stage in there lives where we think our parents are just dummies Until one day we realize that they may know what they are talking about after all.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with comment about children acting like their parents know nothing. Once I got older, I realized that my parents knew more than I could ever imagine.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. I think it's just a way of life with children and teens. Parents are never right until we mature and understand what they're doing for us.
ReplyDeleteI had a very similar childhood. My parents always "forced" me into doing things but now when I look back I see that it was for my own good and not just for them.
ReplyDeleteThis is so true. I don't know how many times in my life that I thought I knew more than my mother on certain things and didn't listen to her, then when what I thought was my good idea was not a good idea at all and I found myself wishing I had just listened to my mom.
ReplyDelete