So, I am not going to lie, I am quite nervous to do this and am not really sure how, but here it goes... Well grammar and writing are defiantly my weaknesses. My spelling is atrocious. Most of the time Microsoft Word can't even guess what I am trying to spell, so please bear with me. I grew up in a very diverse town where the least of anyone's worries were where commas go. In my grammar class grades one through seven, kids came into the schools not knowing English, let alone how to form a sentence with subject, noun, and whatever else you need. It wasn't until I moved to Ohio until I had a grade appropriate English class.
Okay, now let me try to navigate to the assignment... Ever since a grade five writing competition, I have been terrified of public speaking. It is something I have been trying to work on for awhile, because I know that freezing up in front of people, turning red, and starting to stutter is no way to present one's self. I am hoping that I can fix this problem by the time I am ready to start my life in the professional world. Once again, this is something you are going to have to bear with me on. I am not sure which audience would be worse though...a future boss or colleague, or an audience of peers that you will be forced to face even after you make a fool of yourself in front of the classroom...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am also very intimidated of public speaking. Even writing for this blog was a big challenge for me.
ReplyDeleteI understand how it could be nerve racking to get up in front of a public audience and speak. I always find that it is much easier to do something if you just don't think about how it is going to feel just do it!
ReplyDeleteI think that you'll really like writing a blog, even though you have hesitation regarding writing and grammar. Because a blog is one of the closest things to a community on the inter-web, you'll find that your peers are very open and supportive to what you have to say.
ReplyDeleteThe first time I gave a speech in front of my class I was extremely nervous, but once I started speaking it all went away. Everyone was completely understanding because they were scared the first time doing it too.
ReplyDeleteYour blog post was very honest and I appreciate that. It takes a lot to describe your past and experiences, so good job.
ReplyDeleteYou should definitely make a try at public speaking, completely understandable to be scared and all that other stuff though! But the more you do it the easier it becomes
ReplyDeleteYou'll get more comfortable with all of this over time. I'm just like you in a lot of ways but for some reason I over came a lot of my fear and I bet you will too.
ReplyDeleteGrammar is definetly not my strong point either and I have never met anyone who actually enjoys giving public speeches. Sounds like you are in the same situation as a lot of other people are including myself
ReplyDeletePublic speaking definitely isn't easy but just like anything else it will get easier as you do it more.
ReplyDeleteYa, I'm not real big on talking in front of people period, especially people I don't know. I feel like if we don't have a choice but to speak in front of people, we shouldn't be nervous, but its still hard.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, this is one of my first public writings also. As far as public speaking I truly feel like it is something that you will benefit from, and it just takes practice.
ReplyDeleteYou shouldn't be nervous, you should just let the words flow. I can't write, but I don't really care.
ReplyDeleteI feel nervous about writing for the public too and it seems that a lot of people feel the same as us. So, maybe we shouldn`t be so worried cause the feeling is mutual between a lot of us.
ReplyDeleteMy mechanics are my weak point as well but by doing this blog and taking this class you will become more comfortable and confident when writing a paper.
ReplyDeleteI feel that having to speak in front of peers that you will see all the time is harder, but it is a great learning tool. You just have to remember everyone is going through the same thing.
ReplyDelete